Wednesday, April 23, 2014



Everyone here says the same thing they do in the MTC, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Er wrong. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like months. I feel like I have been on my mission for a year!

This week has been...I dont know how to say it. Ive had really good days and really bad ones. There was one day I had, I dont even remember what day because it felt like a month ago but it was such a great day. I felt great and I was excited to teach and I wanted to teach and I wanted to speak in SPanish and I was understanding people. That was the day when I was exactly obedient, my thoughts were focused on my mission, my comp, members, and investigators. I wasnt thinking about the end of my mission or what else I could be doing or how bad my SPanish is or how I can never understand anyone. No my thoughts were focused and positive. It was the best day on my mission yet. I learned A Lot that day because my next few days were just bad. A mission is about sacrifice. You sacrifice your time, language, and such. Also when you are set apart you are set apart to a higher thought (D&C). Therefore I have to change and sacrifice who I was before to become who CHrist wants me to be. I dont know if this makes sense but Ex. I think a lot. I love to think! But my thoughts are everywhere and I probably think too much haha. My great day was when I was focusing ALL my thoughts on my Mission. This is really difficult for me, to center my thoughts, but I know Im not going to be an effective missionary if I dont do this. An Hermana in my District told me this, These 1st few months are all about you.
I thought about that and its true! I need to not focus on me and focus on others. I need to stop showing my frustration and worrying about my Spanish and focusing on the needs of others. Thats how Im going to learn faster on so many different levels. Now the really hard part is actually putting these things into action and changing. But I know with the Lords its not impossible. His arm is always stretched forth to ctach us when we fall and to lead and guide us. His arm is extended to all (3 Nephi 9¨14) My absolute favorite scripture. Its beautiful. 

Entonces, This is the Lords mission not mine. I need to not say what do I want what do I want. No what does the Lord want? 
Oh Jhoanna was baptized Saturday! It was beautiful! Carlos will be baptized this Saturday! He asked me to give the talk on the Holy GHost! YIKES. Im SO scared haha. 
and then we have another baptism date set for a couple the next week! Yippee!!

Love you all! and I will try to get the email from last week out to you sometime....sorry about that! 

Hermana Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment