Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Miracle



Hello everyone! So something I learned this last week that is pretty special to me...I was always expecting my mission to be something incredible and always seeing miracles. I knew that if I worked hard I would see miracles. Er....a little different than what I expected. Anyways so I've been going through some rough times here on my mission so far. I have worked as hard as I know I could and trying everyday but I wasn't seeing any miracles and just felt like I wasn't giving enough effort or my offer to The Lord and to the work just simply wasn't enough. It was a struggle and it seemed as if I was not only not seeing miracles but not seeing the results from my labors. We've had baptism after baptism fall and I've never spoken perfect Spanish nor ever said something that changed someone's life or something like that...I know my mind was centered a lot on me and not on my investigators. Anyways all this stuff just really started weighing down on me and drove me to my knees. I just couldn't do it any more and it was almost unbearable. I just felt like my weaknesses were engulfing me and I just couldn't go any further. So I said alright I really can't do this and I need your help in every single aspect. I have weaknesses and flaws that I just really need your help. A little after that I started seeing, I guess my eyes were opened spiritually. No it's not like all my investigators were accepting baptismal dates or I spoke Spanish perfectly...I started to realize that the miracle was in me. But I didn't see the miracle until after I humbled myself and truly knew that I couldn't do this work alone. Not one bit. That's when I realized the miracle was me.the fact that The Lord strengthened me to withstand all these problems for so long, to work so hard through my weaknesses and the amount of Spanish I know right now on my mission. I promise you my mind is being quickened by The Lord. I'm learning faster than I ever have before. That is the miracle. It wasn't something I expected, but it was far better than I could imagine. Just like Elisha told me a little bit ago. The Lord answers prayers in three ways. 1. Actually I don't remember the first one haha sorry. But 2. Not yet and 3. I have something better in mind. The third one was how I felt The Lord answered my prayer. This experience definitely strengthened my understanding/planted a seed that prayer works and that someone really is listening. I also learned that The Lord really does carry you through and helps you out especially with your faults. Lastly, I learned that humility is the key to everything. After we humble ourselves He will help us and strengthen us and our weaknesses. I know this church is true. I know prayer works but only in His timing. But we need to show diligence and obedience and wait with patience. Yeah, this church, the Church of Jesus Christ, is not easy. He asks a lot from us. In reality it's not that much, but we are imperfect beings and some of the things He asks of us have to do with our weaknesses. That's why it's hard, because we have flaws or sometimes lazy so we don't want or like to keep praying everyday, reading the scriptures everyday, going to church every week, serving, etc because He isn't answering our prayers or we aren't seeing the blessings when and how we want them. This life is about progressing! Trying the best you can and relying on The Lord the whole way through. But how can we progress if our weaknesses are not being challenged/tested? That's one of the reasons why. He gave us commandments. 
Now, it's one thing to read my experience but it's a whole other story to actually feel and experience it for yourself. So, I hope that you desire to progress and choose one thing you're struggling with that really just hits home with your weakness and try your hardest to keep that commandment. So that you may feel and see for yourself the blessings or learn something valuable from The Lord. I promise you, you will learn something if you try. I'm warning you now, it might be very very difficult but don't give up. Just keep taking a step of faith. If it gets to a point where you feel you can go no further, get on your knees and pray your heart out to be able to keep going. Not to take the burden away, but to keep going. Because you can keep going. If you have His help you can. But to be truly honest I hope everyone gets to that point where you feel you can go no further and you get on your knees and pray. Because that's when you truly humble yourself and rely completely on The Lord and that's when you see the miracle. 

Anyways I love you all and truly I am grateful to everyone of you. Every time I get a letter from you it's Exactly what I needed to hear. I could not still be on my mission if it wasn't from your support, love, and prayers for me. Everyone of you is very special to me. Thank you!!!
Hermana Grover


No comments:

Post a Comment