Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Special Transfers

So my comp and I went to the mission home last Saturday and we lived there for a week! Because my comp couldn't work and they wanted her to recuperate well. So we did no work for the whole week. I hung out with the Presidents wife, Hermana George. She is the funniest lady ever. 
We wanted to make brownies so we started making them and then we checked her oven and the gas wasn't lighting. So we were like okay lets go to the mission office and use the elder´s oven. We went there and they had no gas in their oven either. So then she said Oh the church is never locked lets go use the oven there! So we go to the church, we get there and then realized that we left the matches at home haha...so she was so irritated and said I cant believe this is happening right now! We go through all this and finally we get an oven that has gas and we forget the matches hahah. Then she got an idea..haha she turned on the stove which is a fire stove and she grabbed a napkin, stuck it in the flames and threw it into the oven and it lit and then she jumped up and down and said, ¨Ha! They don't call me a cowgirl for nothin!¨ haha it was cute. She´s from Wyoming. Anyways just wanted to share that quick story with you. 

So on Friday we packed all our things and were getting ready to leave to go back to our area because my comp was feeling better. The President pulled me aside into his office and said, ¨Hermana Grover, we are going to transfer you because I feel that's what you need. You are struggling and very sad and I want my missionaries to be happy and you have endured your trials well. So he told me that my new companion was Hermana Knight and I´d be leaving that day to my new area.¨ Wow. I cant express how much relief I felt. So Hermana Knight´s companion is now with Hermana Tejeda in Chiapa de Corzo. I am now in Moctezuma 2. Its in the city Tuxtla and we are like 10-15 minutes away from the Temple. Hna Knight is American and is from Utah. She just finished 8 months on the mission on Sunday. She´s totally awesome and I am so excited and grateful to be with her. We both needed it and we are working so hard. I finally got out to work on Friday for the first time in almost 3 weeks or so. Oh my it has been the best 4 days on my mission yet!! I can truly say that I don't want this time to go by fast. We have already been seeing little miracles everyday and its incredible what obedience can do! 

The members in this ward are just the most loving members ever! There is so much unity and I love it! But sadly...they asked me to give a talk. AH! I really had a feeling though haha. So I´ll be giving my first talk in Spanish this Sunday on whatever I feel the ward needs to hear and for 10-15 min. I´m beyond nervous haha. But that's alright I´ll be fine. Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and keeping the commandments of the Lord! 

Love you all!
Hermana Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment