Friday, March 28, 2014



Ah! 11 days. I don't know if I should cry or laugh or be dead serious or shout for joy for the fact that I'm leaving in 11 days. In fact all of my emotions have rolled into one and I can never tell what I'm feeling anymore haha. 

This was literally the fastest week of my life! So busy!!! On Monday we had 6 lessons! 6! With no time to prepare. It was interesting. We are now as a District teaching each other. So Hermana Johnson and I teach Hermana Johnston and Burns. They are now our new investigators! We are new investigators to Hermana Zenger and Durnford. It's really cool to be the investigator and you don't have to stress about anything haha. 

We also skyped on Monday with a Member to teach him a lesson. Yeah that was interesting. He had just got off his mission literally like 4 months ago and we had to teach him a lesson. Ha! Every time we'd say something he'd just nod his head and say yeah that's true. Hahaa...My companion and I, afterwards just laughed because of how stupid we felt that we were teaching a returned missionary. Let's just say it was the best experience haha. Pretty embarrassing. 

I have learned so much this week! That's what I say every week but that's good right? Just a few updates:

Alejandro: great! In fact after one of our lessons Hno. Keller pulled us aside immediately following our lesson and said that is the lesson I've been Waiting to hear from you Hermana's! He said that lesson was just like our very first one and it was because the Spanish wasn't the issue and we were following the promptings of the Spirit exactly! It was splendid! 
Elida: I just want to cry. We have highs and really lows with her. Her family doesn't want her to meet with us anymore and so we asked her family to come to one of the lessons and they came and it turned out to be a disaster! Her sister came (another teacher at the MTC) and she was railing us with questions that I could barely even answer in English! Seriously right now just thinking back to it makes me want to cry haha. But we have built up since then and we have set a baptism date for her on April 25th! Whoopie! My first baptism! It's not even real and she is probably just having sympathy for my companion and I! Haha no just kidding!
Ivelisse: We FINALLY had a grand lesson! I don't even know how it got to where it did to be honest but it was good haha. At the end she said we were literal angels sent from God that showered His love on her. Wow! You're about as surprised as me that that came out of her mouth! It was so sweet and kind though! And she agreed to be baptized when she felt the time was right.

Something I want ALL of you to do as soon as you can! Watch The Character of Christ by David A. Bednar. It is the most incredible talk I've ever heard. People always say oh my goodness this talk changed my life and I always thought eh..I'm sure it didn't have THat much of an effect. They are just exaggerating. No, this talk is now what I want to live by. How everyone needs to live by. You could probably just find it on lds.org

A few things that I've learned this week. This Gospel is a Gospel of love, of hope, and of happiness. But more importantly its a Gospel of Invitation and a Gospel of Change. Every part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is an invitation and for you to exercise faith and love. But my favorite is that it changes you. Every single day. If you let it. If you have a desire. I have SUCH a strong testimony of Desire! But, I'll touch on that in a bit. 
I was having quite a few bad days in a row and getting reeeeally frustrated with myself because I didn't know what was wrong and then Hno. T (a new teacher who has been helping us out. He's Tongan and like the coolest man I've ever talked to
) pulled my companion and I aside to help us teach to meet peoples needs but at the same time teach doctrine. He could tell we were struggling haha. Anyways he said something and I don't even remember what but instantly what came to my mind was I am having these bad lessons because I am not changing myself. I am not letting the Lord shape and mold me to be a better person. I was struggling with one of the Hermana's in my District because she just got on my nerves and I was not having the best thoughts towards her. Anyways, then I realized I was set apart to have a higher thought, to become a better person, why am I still acting in maybe not the best way. I'm working on it everyday and I am hoping and praying that the Lord will shape me into the messenger He wants me to be.  
Now let me ask you this. Are you letting the Gospel change your life? Are you giving your all to the Lord and letting Him change you? I know it is a life pursuit but it is our purpose. To follow the example of Christ. 

Goodness golly I love este Evangelio de Jesucristo. Yo se que Cristo es Él Salvador del mundo, Él es mi Salvador. Yo se que Dios me sabe personalmente. Sin un duda. En el nombre de Jesucristo Amen. 

(this Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Christ is the Savior of the world, He is my Savior. I know that God knows me personally. Without a doubt. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.)

Next time I write you will be the last time I write you in the MTC. Then I'm off to Mexico! 
I should be getting my travel plans this week!!! AH!
Love you all!

Hermana Grover



No comments:

Post a Comment