Monday, June 16, 2014

Pictures!!!!!

 Investigator Angel Gustavo

 Hermana Grover and her companion Hermana Tejeda

 My zone...almost 6 weeks ago

 companion exchanges just Saturday! So this is the most recent photo of me. 

  Members of the church. They are like my favorite family ever! 

José Manuel´s baptism on Saturday


 The stuff im eating is chicharron or pig skin 

The elders in our ward and the elder in the back is my District Leader.




 1st day I met my comp

 That girl im with speaks another dialect and its like a whole other lifestyle for them. Its their regular everyday clothes

 Jhoanna´s baptism 

 Nephite ruines

 Nephite ruines


The main river in my area! Beautiful huh? 


Today I got to wear jeans for the first time in 3 months and I felt normal for the first time in 3 months haha naw. But we moved houses today because my comp doesnt like our house at all. Its not that bad but its fine by me because our new house is way nicer. It actually has running water in the shower instead of a little dribble. 

José Manual got baptized Saturday! My 2nd! Actually my real 1st one that was all my comps and mine. Jhoanna was my first but like 90% the Elders before. Anyways José has a girlfriend and she´s a member! So they are planning on getting married in September 2015 in the Temple! I wont be on my mission so I wont get to see it :( but super excited for them! 

Angel Gustavo´s baptism has been pushed to this week because he had stopped progressing and didnt get married. But we had a Great lesson with him the other day and he started reading the BoM, praying, and attending church again. And he really wants to get baptized this Saturday so we hope and pray it happens! 

My comp and I finally resolved Everything and things are So unbelievably better. But now we basically only have one week left and then transfers. Everyone thinks she will leave and I´ll stay. But on Wednesday we had companion exchanges for 3 Days! Because when a companionship has problems they do companionship exchanges for 3 days..I had to stay in my area and be the Senior companion AGAIN. Yuck. But I tell you what I needed it and I was so blessed with the companion that I had. Oh my she helped me so much I cant even express. She regained my faith and confidence and the lessons with our investigators felt so right. We were teaching people and not just lessons. They were directed by the Spirit and it was just so relieving to me. I dont know how to explain it but it was great. So now since this is the last week of my training I have to be the Senior companion. We had a couple lessons yesterday and I had to start and lead the whole lesson. I was freaking out haha. But wow I just remembered what the other companion taught me and the lesson went well. I actually started a lesson and explained doctrine and taught to their needs. I think haha. It was nice and I needed it. 

Seriously we are having success here in Chiapa de Corzo because of our Ward. They give us refrences after refrences and they come to our lessons and the Bishop is awesome and our Mission Leader is unbelievably Awesome! And he speaks english haha. But seriously I never realized how much a ward is involved in Missionary work and how missionary work cant function without a ward. Everybody wishes that they had our Missionary Leader. Always people are talking about how great he is and just wow we are very blessed here. 

Anyways hope everyone is doing just splendid and I´ll let ya know what happens next week about companions and where I´ll be. I think I´ll still be serving in Chiapa de Corzo but who knows. and new mission president! cool cool
Love you all!

Hermana Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment