Thursday, June 5, 2014



Hola hola hola. 
This week was very difficult. We hardly worked at all becuase my comp was sick pretty much the whole week and then Elder Johnson (70) came and spoke to us Friday and Saturday. So I did a lot of studying. My scriptures and the language. Thanks Kamee and Kelli for telling me to elevate my feet and drink lots of water...becuase the beginning of this week my feet were marshmellows and I couldnt fit them in my shoes. I had to force them into my FLATS. sad huh? But I elevated and elevated and drank and drank and drank and they went completely down the next day! Even when we were walking a bunch. Score! Thanks haha. 
So we got a few new investigators! Yay finally. We´ve been in desperate need. We cant do any door approaches. Only contacting in the streets or refrences through people. So its hard to get new investigators. But yeah so we got one and he is golden. Seriously golden. We met with him yesterday and he wants to be baptized this Saturday haha. We were like woah ok we need to meet with you a few times before an such. Anyways so we set up a date in 2 weeks so on the 31st. Pretty cooool. Then our second one....she doesnt speak much spanish nor understands much spanish...She speaks Sotsil. I dont know how to spell it. But there are 12 different languages besides spanish in the state of Chiapas. These 12 are originated from ancient mayan, aztec, etc. So we talked to our District Leader about her because we have elders in San Cristobal (1-2 hrs away from us) that speak Sotsil. We were going to refer them but its really far away...So our District Leader is giving us Sotsil books on Wednesday and we are going to try and learn the language to teach her this week. I am so scared. Excited but scared. I dont even know Spanish and theyre having me learn another completely different language. And I forgot how to pray in English. I havent prayed in english since like the 2nd week in the mtc. I have forgotten english words! So really I dont speak any language! Im mute! I feel like a one year old and the only way I can communicate is through actions haha. Oh my. So that just about sums up my interesting week. Love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Hermana Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment