Sunday, June 14, 2015

Almost Hit by Lightning and Selling Chicken



So yesterday my comp and I almost got struck by lightning haha. It was DOWN pouring and thundering and lightning everywhere! We were trying to get back to the house and were in the middle of the street and then the biggest flash hit right in front of us and we saw like red and yellow and my comp flipped out. She threw the umbrella in the air and ran the opposite direction and when she turned to run she saw sparks flying down the street. I have no idea where the lightning struck but it was close haha. It was pretty cool actually! Anyway, cool story this week!

This Sunday we were walking to go pick up an investigator for church and we ran into another investigator at her work. So we stopped and said can you go to church? She said I just have to sell these three chickens and then I can go. We looked at the clock and she had about 20 minutes to get it all done. Then a thought came to my mind to ask her to say a pray so that she could go to church. So we said Hna! Can you offer a prayer and ask God if He will help you go to church? So she said it! Then we left and as we were walking I just thought you know what, I'm going to ask the next person that walks by to go buy some chicken. Maybe the Lord will send someone willing to bless the life of a lady. There was no one on the street sadly. So I said a quick prayer in my heart and then this man in a green shirt started walking towards us. I turned to my comp and said we´re going to ask him to go buy some chicken! she laughed and said okay! The man came close and we stopped and I said Hi I'm Hna. Grover and we are missionaries and we just would like to ask a favor. There is a woman down the street that really wants to go to church and in order for her to go she needs to sell all of her chicken. I know that you would be a huge blessing in her life if you´d help her out. (sorry president if we cant do that as missionaries, to tell someone to go buy something.) Anyway, then he stopped and kind of looked at me with curious eyes and said very honestly and sincerely, I'm so sorry, but we will pray for her and hopefully she will be able to go. Then we were about to say goodbye and my comp just randomly asks where ya going? He said, actually I was really just on my way to buy some chicken for a friend and some event thing....We were like well shes selling chicken go buy some!! haha. Then we said goodbye and he left and my companion and I just looked at each other and were like WHAT? That was crazy! What are the odds that we met someone who was really on their way to buy chicken. The sad part of the story is she never came to church but it was still pretty cool haha. 

Hope you all have a great week this week! My comp just ended her mission today! So I am getting a new companion. Hna Serrano. :) 

Hermana Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment