Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfers to Chahuites



Today I completed 11 months on the mission. Crazy! Feels like I've been here for 3 days. So a few things to let you all know...
1. On Wednesday my companion, a member and I were walking down a street talking and I was walking in between the both of them. Then all of a sudden a little girl about 4 years old ran right up to me, looked at me in the eyes, and gave me a huge hug around my legs. I had no idea who she was and she held on to me for about 15 seconds and then ran away. It was the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me. I just wanted to cry! She was so cute and why did she hug me when she didn't even know me. I don't know and I still don't know the answer. But what I do know is that it was such a precious moment. It just reminds me that we need to be more like little kids like Christ says and just love everyone even when you don't know them. So cool!
2. We had transfers today!!!....and I'm going to Chahuites 2! So this means that I am leaving the State of Chiapas and going to another state Oaxaca! Chahuites is pronounced: Chow-we-tes and Oaxaca is: Wa-ha-ca. So sad to leave el Jobo and especially my family Vazquez but super excited to go to Chahuites because its like a little tiny town but super duper hot. everyday its like 120 degrees...everyone just sweats and its disgusting but I'll survive. Its going to be pretty sweet and here in Chahuites they eat turtle eggs and iguana eggs....that's going to be interesting.
3. Karen Vazquez came to church yesterday and the grandpa....I just about cried! She is the one that doesn't want to get baptized and wouldn't go to church because she doesn't want to and everything and because of her boyfriend...but she came for the 1st time since November...! It was a great going away gift. I know she'll be baptized someday, just wasn't supposed to be with me :( but that's okay. Its huge progress that she came!
Welp that's about it and I will let you know who my comp is next week and everything because right now all I know is Im going to Chahuites. But Hna Cervantes will be my sister training leader! Saweet! Its gonna be fun.
Love you all have a great week!
Hermana Grover
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI JO!!!!! I love you to death and more than you will ever know!!!! Have a fantastic birthday and don't cry too much because I'm not there. But no really, live it up and we will eat cake when I get home :) I love you! Have a blast! and remember to do good things ;)
Sister White!!!! Have a Happy Birthday as well!!! Te amo mucho y cuidate un buen. Te extraño y nos veremos muy pronto! Tenga bonita semana y no me olvides va! Eres la mejor de todas y disfrutelo eh! Feliz cumpleaños vieja!.... ;) jajaja
Emily Selby! Happy Birthday as well!!! You are the best and hope you have a blast! Love ya to death and enjoy every moment! I cant believe you're graduating! Live it up friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment